Creating a website is one thing; getting people to visitthe site is another. The key is to create enough value and excitement to get consumers to come to the site, stick around and come back again. Today's Web users are quick to abandon any website that doesn't measure up. 'Whether people are online for work reasons or for personal reasons, if a website doesn't meet their expectations, two-thirds say they don't return - now or ever.
Here are some questions to ask yourself as you plan your website:
- What are my goals?
- What is my target audience?
- How much will I depend on search engines to generate traffic?
- How much time do I have for updating the website?
- How are visitors going to contact me?
- If you are selling online, which e-commerce solution works best for me?
- Who will I use for a web hosting provider?